You never know when Google is going to launch a new product, you never know what new feature Google is adding to its products, but there’s one predictable day, we all know what Google is going to do – be a prankster!
Lets have a look at this year’s ‘April Fool Day’ pranks..Google TiSP (stands for Google Toilet Internet Service Provider) and GMail Paper.
Google TiSP (BETA) is a fully functional, end-to-end system that provides in-home wireless access by connecting your commode-based TiSP wireless router to one of thousands of TiSP Access Nodes via fiber-optic cable strung through your local municipal sewage lines.
Installing a typical home TiSP system is a quick, easy and largely sanitary process — provided you follow these step-by-step instructions very, very carefully.
|#1 Remove the spindle of fiber-optic cable from your TiSP installation kit.#2 Attach the sinker to the loose end of the cable, take one safe step backward and drop this weighted end into your toilet.|
|#3 Grasp both ends of the spindle firmly while a friend or loved one flushes, thus activating the patented GFlush™ system, which sends the weighted cable surfing through the plumbing system to one of the thousands of TiSP Access Nodes.#4 When the GFlush is complete, the spindle will (or at least should) have largely unraveled, exposing a connector at the remaining end. Detach the cable from the spindle, taking care not to allow the cable to slip into the toilet.|
|#5 Plug the fiber-optic cable into your TiSP wireless router, which has a specially designed counterweight to withstand the centripetal force of flushing.#6 Insert the TiSP installation CD and run the setup utility to install the Google Toolbar (required) and the rest of the TiSP software, which will automatically configure your computer’s network settings.|
|#7 Within sixty minutes — assuming proper data flow — the other end of your fiber-optic cable should have reached the nearest TiSP Access Node, where our Plumbing Hardware Dispatchers (PHDs) will remove the sinker and plug the line into our global data networking system.#8 Congratulations, you’re online! (Please wash your hands before surfing.)|
According to the page, Gmail Paper is a free service from Google that prints your emails with environment friendly papers along with “the help of relevant, targeted, unobtrusive advertisements”. Also, the photo attachments will be “printed on high-quality, glossy photo paper. And, according to the Policies page, it’s not a real product..!!
And here are Google’s infamous hoaxes in the previous years..
- Google MentalPlex (Googleplex) – acts like your psychologist, and the search results can be very revealing about your innermost self. – 2000
- Google PigeonRank (PageRank) – the heart of Google’s search technology is PigeonRank™, a system for ranking web pages developed by Google founders – 2002
- Google Copernicus Center (Lunar Job) – Google will be conducting experiments in entropized information filtering, high-density high-delivery hosting (HiDeHiDeHo) and de-oxygenated cubicle dwelling. – 2004
- Google Gulp – a line of “smart drinks” designed to maximize your surfing efficiency by making you more intelligent, and less thirsty. – 2005
- Google Romance – a place where you can post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search™, get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your life. – 2006